Soliciting Gifts Over the Phone
Includes a Live Event on 09/24/2019 at 1:00 PM (EDT)
Save $50 off the regular price of $345 when you register before 8/30/19 | AGN Members are FREE!
Whether you’re a student caller, a gift officer, or a volunteer, phone calls are still one of the most efficient and effective ways to solicit a gift. But there are a lot of factors that distinguish a successful call from an unsuccessful one. Being prepared and having a structured plan before you pick up the phone will not only lead to a more relaxed and flowing conversation, it will also increase your likelihood of success.
Register now for your entire team to learn how to successfully solicit gifts over the phone.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Methods for getting prepared in advance of each call
- Tips for making a strong first impression and building rapport
- Guidelines for making the ask and overcoming objections
- Tactics for closing out the call and conducting meaningful follow-up
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
WHAT YOU GET
- One log-in to the LIVE webinar; invite your entire team
- Link to watch a recording of the webinar following the live event
- Your questions answered by an expert
- Copies of the presentation materials and resources
- Eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit
- AGN Members get FREE webinar registration. Click here to learn more.
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
Director of Annual Giving, University of Utah
Peter Moes is the Director of Annual Giving at University of Utah, where he oversees an integrated and multi-channel annual giving strategy across the entire institution. He's an expert in phonathon training and management, and he previously led calling programs as part of Harris Connect and IDC Fundraising. Peter holds a B.S. in Architecture from the University of Michigan as well as an M.Ed. in Higher Education Student Affairs from the University of South Carolina.