103: Personalizing Direct Mail Appeals
Recorded On: 01/14/2020
Dale Carnegie said, “A person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.” In marketing fundraising communications, personalization can indeed be a powerful tool: research shows that personalized mailings, emails, and phone calls have higher open and response rates. Understanding how to effectively use data, segmentation, and variable messages to customize your mass solicitations can go a long way toward boosting engagement and giving from your alumni, parents, and friends.
Register now to learn how to develop personalized appeals that resonate with prospective donors.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Guidelines for understanding the benefits and challenges of personalization
- Tips for working with data to identify and prepare segments
- Tactics for developing variable messaging to fit with individual personas
- Methods for evaluating your efforts
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
WHAT YOU GET
- One log-in to the LIVE webinar; invite your entire team
- Link to watch a recording of the webinar following the live event
- Your questions answered by an expert
- Copies of the presentation materials and resources
- Eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit
- AGN Members get FREE webinar registration. Click here to learn more.
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
With more than 15 years of experience in educational fundraising, Avaleen has led programs at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Vanderbilt University, Emory University, and Spelman College. Avaleen holds both a B.S. in Psychology and an A.A. in Mass Communication/Media Studies from Northern Caribbean University.