101: Fundamentals of Planned Giving
Recorded On: 01/19/2021
Planned giving offers a variety of opportunities for donors to support institutions that they care about in a way that aligns with their own personal financial needs and goals. But understanding the many different planned giving instruments can be overwhelming and confusing—even for fundraising professionals. And while not everyone needs to be an expert, comprehending the basics can help you help your donors see the possibilities, while advancing your institution's own development efforts.
Register now to learn or review the fundamentals of planned giving.
This webinar is eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Guidelines for designating gifts through a will, living trust, or retirement plan
- Tips for maximizing donor capacity through charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts
- Tactics for leveraging nontraditional gifts and assets such as lead trusts, real estate, tangible personal property, closely-held stock, and other private equity interests
- Methods for optimizing charitable IRA distributions
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
With over 20 years of experience in educational fundraising, Sierra has led programs at Brown University, Harvard Business School, Northeastern University, and Wellesley College. Her other experience includes work as a Trial Attorney for the Committee for Public Counsel Services. Sierra has an undergraduate degree from Gordon College, an M.S. in Taxation from Northeastern's D'Amore-McKim School of Business, and a J.D. from Northeastern School of Law.