Stewarding Giving Day Donors and Volunteers
Recorded On: 10/24/2017
The work isn't over when your giving day comes to an end. In fact, that's when it really begins. Following up with donors and volunteers after a Giving Day to report results, acknowledge their contributions, and describe the impact of the event's collective efforts will make sure that everyone's support continues for many years to come, and will help to ensure next year's Giving Day is an even bigger and more widespread success.
Register now for your entire team to learn how to properly steward donors and volunteers after your institution's giving day.
This recording is eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Guidelines for developing gift acknowledgments, receipts, and post-event messages
- Methods for evaluating and reporting results to staff, volunteers, and donors
- Tips for communicating impact to challenge donors and other stakeholders
- Recommendations for engaging Giving Day donors and volunteers throughout the year
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
Executive Director of the Annual Fund, Rice University
Emily Kernan is the Executive Director of the Annual Fund at Rice University, where she oversees or facilitates all aspects of the institution's annual giving program including direct appeals, class giving and stewardship. Previously, she held several positions in the annual fund at Lafayette College. She's a member of the Annual Giving Directors Consortium, a presenter with CASE and the Houston chapter of AFP, and teaches regularly on the topic of philanthropy at Rice University. Emily holds a B.A. in English from SUNY Binghamton.