A successful giving day requires more than just a website and an advertisement in the alumni magazine. It necessitates a comprehensive on and offline marketing strategy that will raise awareness and generate excitement before and during the live event. An effective marketing plan needs to be developed well in advance, integrated with ongoing programs, and carefully executed to ensure that each one of your institution's constituents and supporters is prepared to participate when the big day comes.
Register now for your entire team to learn how to successfully market a giving day for your institution.
This recording is eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Guidelines for creating promotional materials, including a website, leaderboards, giving forms, and videos
- Methods for developing schedules and messages for print, email and social media communications
- Tips for recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to help spread the word through social networks
- Recommendations for tracking and evaluating the effectiveness of your marketing efforts
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
Executive Director of the Annual Fund, Rice University
Emily Kernan is the Executive Director of the Annual Fund at Rice University, where she oversees or facilitates all aspects of the institution's annual giving program including direct appeals, class giving and stewardship. Previously, she held several positions in the annual fund at Lafayette College. She's a member of the Annual Giving Directors Consortium, a presenter with CASE and the Houston chapter of AFP, and teaches regularly on the topic of philanthropy at Rice University. Emily holds a B.A. in English from SUNY Binghamton.