Marketing a Giving Day
Recorded On: 10/03/2017
A successful giving day requires more than just a website and an advertisement in the alumni magazine. It necessitates a comprehensive on and offline marketing strategy that will raise awareness and generate excitement before and during the live event. An effective marketing plan needs to be developed well in advance, integrated with ongoing programs, and carefully executed to ensure that each one of your institution's constituents and supporters is prepared to participate when the big day comes.
Register now for your entire team to learn how to successfully market a giving day for your institution.
This recording is eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Guidelines for creating promotional materials, including a website, leaderboards, giving forms, and videos
- Methods for developing schedules and messages for print, email and social media communications
- Tips for recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to help spread the word through social networks
- Recommendations for tracking and evaluating the effectiveness of your marketing efforts
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
Executive Director of The Penn Fund at the University of Pennsylvania
Emily Kernan is the Executive Director of The Penn Fund at the University of Pennsylvania, where she oversees all annual giving efforts targeted toward undergraduate alumni. Previously, she led the annual fund team at Rice University and held several positions in development at Lafayette College. Her instructional experience includes presenting for CASE and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), as well as teaching about annual giving at Rice's Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership. Current Chair of the Annual Giving Directors Consortium (AGDC), Emily holds a BA in English from Binghamton University and an MS in Nonprofit Leadership from Penn's School of Social Policy and Practice.