First launched in 2012 as an alternative to the commercially-driven Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday has become an enormously popular online movement. Its purpose is to celebrate and support philanthropy and to kick off the charitable giving season. Having a well-defined strategy for engaging your institution's donors and volunteers on #GivingTuesday can help ensure that you capitalize on the opportunity without overextending your resources or taking away from other important seasonal fundraising efforts.
Register now for your entire team to learn how to develop an effective #GivingTuesday strategy for your annual fund.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Tips for assessing opportunities and setting goals for the big day
- Methods for creating an integrated communications calendar that includes email, social media, phonathon, and other channels
- Tactics for engaging volunteers and campus partners to help spread the word
- Guidelines for developing effective social content and maximizing your reach
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
Julia Motl Lowe
Director of Annual Giving Initiatives, Tufts University
Julia Motl Lowe is the Director, Annual Giving Initiatives at Tufts University, where she leads the strategic development, management, and implementation of high-impact annual fund projects. In her 15-year career in annual giving at Tufts, she served as coordinator and then director of the annual fund for The Fletcher School before focusing her efforts on annual giving strategy for almost a decade. Julia holds a BA in International Relations and German and an MA in Educational Studies from Tufts University.