Affinity Fundraising Strategies
Recorded On: 03/27/2018
Don't limit your program by relying on traditional donor segments based on class year and past giving alone. Successful annual giving efforts today consider the interests and affinities of all of their donors - and potential donors - and incorporate them into their regular solicitation and stewardship strategies. Doing so can motivate non-donors to give for the first time while engaging existing donors in meaningful ways that will secure their support for years to come.
Register now for your entire team to learn how to develop effective affinity-based fundraising strategies for your annual fund.
This recording is eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Methods for identifying common interests and incorporating affinity segments into your appeals and stewardship calendars
- Tips for creating messages that capture attention and compel affinity-driven donors to give
- Recommendations for engaging donors and volunteers through special activities and events
- Guidelines for analyzing results and determining which affinities to focus on in the future
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
Senior Director of Annual Giving, Oregon State University Foundation
Tyrell Warren-Burnett is the Senior Director of Annual Giving at the Oregon State University Foundation, where he manages the institution's annual philanthropic giving strategies, including direct mail, email marketing, digital data and social media. Previously, he served as Director of Annual Giving and Strategic Marketing & Direct Mail Coordinator at Washington State University. Tyrell holds a BS from Michigan State University and an MBA from Ashford University.