401: Introduction to Young Alumni Giving
Recorded On: 06/03/2021
- Non-member - $375
- Member - Free!
Developing a lifelong philanthropic relationship with alumni begins in the first few years after graduation. Bombarding young alumni right away with direct and overly aggressive gift solicitations can be off-putting and may jeopardize the relationship. Finding the right engaging and even entertaining approaches to conveying the importance and impact of philanthropy at your institution can set the stage for loyal support for years to come.
Register now to learn how to effectively engage and solicit recent graduates in a way that will lead to a lifetime of philanthropic support.
This webinar is eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Tips for understanding the attitudes, interests, and unique position in life of young alumni
- Guidelines for developing a compelling case for their involvement and support
- Methods for coordinating direct appeals, social content, and other communications
- Tactics for engaging them through events, activities, and volunteer opportunities
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
With more than 15 years of experience in annual giving and educational fundraising, Emily has led programs at the University of Pennsylvania, Rice University, and Lafayette College. Her other experience includes presenting for CASE and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and teaching at Rice's Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership. She holds a B.A. in English from Binghamton University and an M.S. in Nonprofit Leadership from Penn's School of Social Policy and Practice.