304: Virtual Volunteers
Recorded On: 07/24/2018
The digital revolution has created a new and exciting opportunity for alumni, student and parent volunteers to get involved and support their school's fundraising efforts. Using social media and email, online ambassadors help to spread the word and create excitement around giving days and other special initiatives while reminding people about the importance of philanthropy throughout the year. Developing an online ambassador program doesn't require a lot of time or resources, but it can have a major impact on your fundraising efforts.
Register now to learn how to build an online ambassador program for your institution.
This recording is eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Guidelines for defining the role, communicating responsibilities, and setting goals
- Tips for recruiting, training, and motivating volunteers to help support fundraising efforts
- Methods for creating tools, content, and materials for ambassadors to use and share
- Tactics for engaging volunteers through giving days and other special campaigns and activities
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
Associate Director of Direct Marketing, University of Central Florida
Stephanie Odierno is the Associate Director, Direct Marketing at the University of Central Florida Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving, where she leads integrated marketing initiatives across the university and helped develop the university's first giving day and online ambassador program. Previously, she served in social media and online marketing positions for the UCF Alumni Association. Stephanie holds a BS in Marketing as well as an MBA from UCF College of Business Administration.