106: Making the Ask
Recorded On: 01/28/2020
Personal solicitations are the single most effective way to secure gifts. But too often, gift officers engage donors and prospects without being properly prepared. Meeting with the right people in the right locations, and structuring the ask in the right way at the right time, will not only pave the way for fruitful fundraising outcomes, but it will cultivate stronger donor relationships over time.
Register now to learn how to effectively solicit gifts through face-to-face meetings.
This webinar is eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Methods for securing appointments and choosing meeting locations
- Tactics for engaging prospects in conversations about philanthropy
- Tips for making the ask and overcoming objections
- Guidelines for following up after the meeting
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
With more than 10 years of experience in annual giving and educational fundraising, Elizabeth has led programs at Johns Hopkins University, the University of Florida, and the College of William & Mary. Elizabeth holds a B.A. in Government & Philosophy and an M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration from William & Mary.