104: Writing Direct Appeals
Recorded On: 03/18/2021
The success of an institution’s overall annual giving efforts is often tied to the effectiveness of its written appeals. And while you don’t need to be a Pulitzer Prize-winning author to craft strong appeals, you do need to be able to make the case for support in a clear and compelling way. Appeal writing is an important skill for all advancement professionals—one that has a direct impact on every program’s success and remains valuable throughout your whole career.
Register now to learn how to write powerful appeals for your annual fund.
This webinar is eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Guidelines for getting started and outlining your appeals
- Methods for capturing the reader’s attention, developing a strong case for support, and making the ask
- Tips for customizing messages for different audience segments
- Tactics for revising and proofreading your work
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
With over 15 years of experience in annual giving and educational fundraising, Amanda has led programs at The University of Oklahoma Foundation, Oklahoma State University Foundation, Oklahoma City University, University of Missouri - Kansas City, and the University of New Orleans. Her other experience includes work with American Red Cross Southeast Louisiana Chapter. She holds B.A. in English and Sociology from the University of Missouri-Columbia and an M.P.A. from the University of Missouri - Kansas City.