104: Scripting Phone Appeals
Recorded On: 09/24/2019
Whether you’re a student caller, a gift officer, or a volunteer, phone calls are still one of the most efficient and effective ways to solicit a gift. But there are a lot of factors that distinguish a successful call from an unsuccessful one. Being prepared and having a structured plan before you pick up the phone will not only lead to a more relaxed and flowing conversation, it will also increase your likelihood of success.
Register now to learn how to successfully solicit gifts over the phone.
This webinar is eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Methods for getting prepared in advance of each call
- Tips for making a strong first impression and building rapport
- Guidelines for making the ask and overcoming objections
- Tactics for closing out the call and conducting meaningful follow-up
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
With nearly 20 years of experience in annual giving and educational advancement, Peter has led programs at the University of Utah, Harris Connect, and University of Georgia. His other experience includes work with United Way of Salt Lake and LEAD Philanthropy. Peter holds a B.S. in Architecture from the University of Michigan and an M.Ed. in Higher Education Student Affairs from the University of South Carolina.