103: Generational Strategies
Recorded On: 08/18/2020
"One-size-fits-all” alumni appeals tend to fall short, which is why segmentation is a valuable tool for dividing alumni groups and messages for maximum impact. With the ever-increasing number of communications hitting mailboxes and inboxes, customizing messages to reflect generational tendencies and motivations can be an effective segmentation technique to ensure that solicitations stand out. By implementing approaches tailored to generational interests and behaviors, your appeals will be more likely to capture donor attention and help meet fundraising goals.
Register now to learn strategies for segmenting appeals based on generational dynamics.
This webinar is eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Perspectives for understanding how generational classifications and student experiences can influence alumni attitudes and beliefs
- Methods for assessing capacity based on life stages and employment levels
- Guidelines for creating messages and ask amounts for different groups based on generational preferences, wealth ratings, and giving history
- Tactics for evaluating your segmentation efforts
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
With nearly 15 years of experience in annual giving and educational fundraising, Heather has led programs at the University of Miami, Virginia Tech, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and oversaw student calling programs for multiple other universities. Her other experience includes work on the Board of Trustees for her alma mater and the nonprofit Free Bikes 4 Kids. She holds a B.A. in Studio Art and Spanish from Knox College and an MBA from the Wisconsin School of Business.