102: First-Year Students
Recorded On: 05/24/2022
The experiences students have during their first year on campus can have a profound effect on their relationship with the school for the rest of their lives. When students are properly educated about advancement and the role that philanthropy plays in the life of the institution, they are more likely to have positive feelings, get involved, and ultimately to give back to the school after they graduate.
Register now and learn how to create a positive first impression with first-year students.
This webinar is eligible for 1.25 points of CFRE credit.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER
- Guidelines for understanding the characteristics and perceptions of new students
- Methods for partnering with the office of student life to develop programs
- Tips for communicating important messages in an appropriate and effective way
- Tactics for engaging new students through events, activities, and volunteer opportunities
- Examples from other institutions, and more!
Prefer to pay by check? Complete this form and we'll send you an invoice.
With more than 15 years of experience in annual giving and educational fundraising, Mae has led programs at Grinnell College and Earlham College, and is a past Co-Chair for STAFF (Sharing the Annual Fund Fundamentals). Mae holds a B.A. in Business and Nonprofit Management from Earlham College along with an M.A. in Executive Development for Public Service from Ball State University, and also received a Certificate in Fundraising Management from The Fund Raising School at Indiana University.